NEPMCC committee meeting minutes, other special meeting minutes and minutes for the monthly meetings held at the Legislative Building, Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario are posted here.
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting held on January 09, 2017, at the Council Chambers City Hall.
Thomas S. Saras
Martin Van Denzen
Mohammad Tajdolati, Dr.
A Janus Raudkivi
Shahidul Islam MIW TV- Bengali Times
Mila Astroga Garcia
Ahmed Shah Hotaki
1. Welcome Remarks by the chair.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting
3. Report of the President/Discussions
4. Presentation by Eric Baculinao NBC Bureau Chief in Beijing – NBC News Worldwide,LLC
5. New Members
Welcome Remarks by the Chair:
Mr. Thomas Saras chaired the meeting and declared the meeting open. Dr. Tajdolati moved a motion to approve the agenda. Jonathan Annobil seconded it. The motion was carried
Minutes of the previous meeting:
Ricky Castellvi moved a motion to approve the minutes of the previous monthly meeting Dr. Tajdolati seconded it. The motion was carried.
• President Thomas Saras reminded the members to renew their membership this year in order to enjoy the benefits and privileges of being a member of NEPMCC. He expressed disappointed that only a portion of members have renewed their membership.
• President Thomas Saras informed the members that the first phase of the digital publishing platform will begin from January 2017. He mentioned that the company responsible for the implementation of the Digital Publishing Platform would update 5 websites every month and as a result 60 websites can be migrated every year to the Digital Publishing Platform. He mentioned that the project has been tentatively approved by the Federal Government. With the proposed digital publishing platform, NEPMCC members will be able to publish their content digitally so that it can be consumed by the readers anywhere in the world using their computers and cell phones. This will save the members from maintaining expensive Information Technology (IT) infrastructures that they cannot afford. There were lot of discussions on this project and the President categorically answered all questions on this project posed by the members. He requested members to take advantage of this opportunity and be part of this historic project since there were limited spaces available for enrollment in the first year. Nishantha Don, Mila Garcia, Ricky Castellvi, Marek Goldyn, Dr. Tajdolati and other members participated in a discussion on the digital publishing platform.
President Thomas Saras suggested a committee to coordinate with the company responsible for implementing the digital publishing platform project for NEPMCC. The proposed members would be Dr.Tajdolati, Maria Saras Voustinas, Ricky Castellvi, Neel Nanda and Nitu Dahiya and Yuri Natchetoi
• President Thomas Saras mentioned that the yearend annual dinner on December 16 2016 was grand success with the participation from all levels of government and the attendance of any VIPS including the Premier of Ontario. He however expressed disappointment as some members after booking tickets did not show up which resulted in others interested in participating not be able to attend as the event thought was sold out. This resulted again in losing some income by the organization.
• President Thomas Saras suggested moving the next monthly meeting on February 6 as part of the special roundtable with Mayor John Tory.
Presentation by Eric Baculinao NBC Bureau Chief in Beijing – NBC News Worldwide, LLC
Eric Baculinao made brief presentation on China’s foreign policy and world politics.
Ricky Castellvi, Mila Garcia, Marek Goldyn, Dr. Tajdolati, and other members asked a wide variety of questions on various topics relating to international politics and China’s influence in global economy and politics. The guest speaker candidly answered question to the satisfaction of all.
New Members/ New Business
Adjournment: Marek Goldyn moved a motion to adjourn the meeting and Nishantha Don seconded it. The motion was carried. The Chair, President Thomas Saras adjourned the meeting at 9 pm. The next monthly meeting would take place on Monday, February 06, 2017 at the council chambers, City Hall.